If you are looking for a different type of support, then why not join one of our free social groups? Our groups are informal and friendly; you can meet people, socialise and try out different fun activities in a safe environment.
Our groups meet once a month in Birmingham (usually in or near the city centre).
As a group member you’re not expected to share your experience of abuse, as the focus of the groups are friendship and socialising.
Our social groups this month are:
- Chinese Women’s Group: Friday 1st December, 10:15-12:45pm – German Market & Hot Choc
- Connections (Female Asylum Seekers & Refugees): Friday 8th December, 10:15-12:45pm – Bring & Share Food
- Women’s Evening Group: Wednesday 13th December, 6:15-8:45pm – Movie Night / Bring & Share
- Arts with Hearts: Friday 15th December, 10:15-12:45pm – Arts & Crafts
- Mixed Gender Group: Tuesday 19th December, 6:15-8:45pm – Mocktail Class
- Young Women’s Group: Wednesday 20th December, 6:15-8:45pm – Quiz Night/Bring & Share
- Coffee Morning: Thursday 21st December, 10:15-12:45pm – Christmas Quiz and Fun!
- Women’s Day Group: Friday 22nd December, 10:15-12:45pm – Christmas quiz & Food
These groups are not therapy groups; instead they give you the opportunity to meet safely and engage with other survivors in a fun, relaxed and enjoyable way. Groups enjoy a range of activities like bowling, dancing, yoga, Tai Chi, mini golf, and cinema and museum trips.
If you are unemployed, we may also be able to help with travel costs.
Please get in touch with us for more details